Corporate blogging is a fine art that, if used correctly, can really add value to your visitor’s experience.
When trying to create a sale through your website, whether for a product or service, it is important to build a relationship with your visitors. If you have interesting information to offer to your potential clients, a blog can be an effective way of keeping their attention.
A blog should not be expected to result in a sale, but as part of an overall content marketing strategy it can contribute to a sale at a later date.
At WDM we specialise in WordPress Blog Development, although we can develop blogs to work with the majority of website platforms.
We have managed blogs for many clients, and have learnt from practical experience what works and what doesn’t. Listed below are a few key points about what we believe can make a successful blog post:
- Tailor the Content – work out who you are writing for (selling to) and create content specifically aimed at them
- Add Value – an effective blog must captivate your audience and offer practical and useful information. Say something that is interesting and relevant.
- Use a Compelling Title – grab your readers’ attention with an enticing title that makes them want to read more.
- Keep it Short and Sweet – your blog post should be no more than 1000 words and edited in a fashion that makes it quick and easy to read.
- SEO Optimised – do the basics and make sure search engines can easily index your blog.
- Include a Call to Action – avoid hard sells but encourage the reader to a next step, whether this is commenting on the post or contacting you.
At WDM our WordPress Blog Developers can help you get the most out of blog development, so you can effectively ‘nurture’ your visitors down the sales process.
To find out more about how a blog may benefit your business call us on 01536 461 597 or click here to fill out our online form.